IAB and Education Forum
Save the Dates: March 5 & 6
Sessions on Nano-CEMMS' Educational Outreach and Sustainability Efforts will be held Monday, March 5, 2012 at the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, 105 S. Mathews, Room 2005 at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, so mark your calendar.
These sessions will focus on the Center’s latest educational outreach and sustainability efforts including:
- K-12 STEM Teacher Summer Institutes
- REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) Program
- NanoLessons in a Box (kits containing everything a teacher needs to teach a lesson in nanotechnology to 30 students)
- NanoChallenge - an afterschool research experience for high school students
- Partnership with Project Lead the Way (a non-profit organization providing engineering curricula to over 3,000 U.S. middle and high schools)
- Plans and efforts to sustain Center educational activities after cessation of NSF funding in 2013
For those who have not attended this meeting in the past, it is a wonderful opportunity to:
- See demonstrations and learn about new educational activities incorporating the Center’s exciting new micro/nano-manufacturing developments
- Meet our talented faculty, post-doc and student researchers
- Meet other education leaders who have worked with Nano-CEMMS to bring nanotechnology into the classroom
The meeting will begin at 4:00 PM on Monday, March 5th with a review and demonstrations of our K-12 education programs and materials, followed by the social gathering/poster session from 6:30 - 7:30 PM. There is no fee to attend our meeting.
Past participants have found that this meeting provides excellent opportunities for learning about the Center’s exciting educational outreach efforts, in addition to facilitating numerous networking contacts with other micro/nanotechnology researchers and educators. Questions regarding the meeting should be sent to Ruthie Lattina at (217) 265-0093 or by email to email@example.com.